Gold Plate Award Finalists 2014:
- Licensed Casual Dining – Country: Morries Anytime
- Restaurant within a Tavern Country/City/Metro: Settlers Tavern
- Restaurant within Winery Regional: 3 Oceans Wine Company
- Small Bar: Morries Anytime – Margaret River
- Tourism Restaurant – Regional: Morries Anytime
- PRIX D’HONNEUR Licensed Dining – Regional: The Studio Bistro
Other awards and accolades:
• Vasse Felix congratulates its Chief Winemaker Virginia Willcock, who has been nominated as ‘Winemaker of the Year’ in Wine Enthusiast Magazine USA’s 2014 Wine Star Awards;
• Busselton Jetty: Was named No.1 in the list of top aquariums as voted by reviewers on the world’s largest travel site, TripAdvisor;
• Cullen Wines: Good Food website has named the Top Ten winemakers in Australia today, and Vanya Cullen was rated number 3 because she ‘ …questions, philosophises, inspires and leads but above all, she is by any standard an outstanding winemaker’ – congratulations Vanya!
• Knee Deep Wines flew the flag for the Margaret River Region at the 2014 Savour Australia Awards for Excellence, Western Australia, winning the category ‘Restaurant in a Winery’;
• Wills Domain: The Weekend Australian Magazine and critic John Lethlean recently included Wills Domain Winery as one of only three WA Restaurants to be included in the Australian’s Hot 50 restaurants for 2014.
Congratulations to all our award winning members! On that note, don’t forget to send us your awards – remember, we can’t plug it if we don’t know about it!