Please find below the international visitor stats for our region for the year ending Sep 2016. Growth in international visitation for our region is 35%, which is ahead of the State average of 8.2%. The below table is international visitors to Margaret River Region for year ending September 2016
Estimated Visitation to the Margaret River Region
|YE Sept 2014||YE Sept 2015||YE Sept 2016||% growth|
|International Overnight Visitors||90,100||101,000||136,800||+35%|
|Interstate Overnight Visitors||83,000||76,000||123,000||+62%|
|Intrastate Overnight Visitors||985,000||1,000,000||1,322,000||+32%|
|Total Overnight Visitors||1,158,100||1,177,000||1,581,800||+34%|
|Intrastate Daytrip Visitors^||790,000||1,133,000||1,005,000||-11%|
- The latest international visitor survey by Tourism Research Australia shows some encouraging signs of growth.
- The figures paint an overall improving picture but there is still work to be done.
- The figures are measured in five segments – Holiday, Visiting Friends and Relatives, Business, Education and Other. Overall, WA experienced a 8.2 per cent growth in the YE September 2016 to 921,400 international visitors.
- This is the first time the number of international visitors to WA has passed 900,000.
- Holiday visitors grew by 19.6 per cent (more than the national figure of 18 per cent), while the visiting friends and relatives segment grew by 8.7 per cent (ahead of the national growth which was 7 per cent).
- International visitor spend also increased, up by 4.1 per cent when compared to the same period last year, but behind the national growth of 10 .9 per cent.