In 2020 the Busselton Jetty Swim celebrates its 25th year! The event will take place over two days on February 8th and 9th with plenty of entertainment, activities and fun for the whole family. The silver anniversary of the event will be commemorated with the ‘Busselton Jetty Swim 25th Silver Celebration Concert and Fireworks’ an evening showcasing a high profile Australian performer concluding with the skies of Busselton lighting up with the fireworks display. To support this milestone, and actively promote your business across the event, Busselton Jetty Swim is seeking partners to get involved.
What is the Busselton Jetty Swim?
The Busselton Jetty Swim is a premier event on the WA sporting calendar and features a 3.6km ocean swim around the iconic Busselton Jetty. Entrants are invited to swim solo or in teams of two or four, and the event has grown from 82 participants in the inaugural swim in 1996 to 2,946 swimmers in 2019 (including the Kids Swim and One Mile Swim to Shore). Event organisers experienced unprecedented entry sales records, selling out in 16 hours which is testament to the popularity of the event.
It is estimated crowds in excess of 10,000 people will engage with the event as participants, spectators, supporters or volunteers in 2020. A large number of swimmers are from the local South West region but the event also attracts swimmers from throughout Western Australia, interstate and overseas. The swim coincides with the Busselton Runners Club Half Marathon and Fun Run which is held on the Saturday morning, many entrants participating in both events.
The Busselton Jetty Swim is a very unique event on the Western Australian calendar. The focus on participation, inclusion, affordability and community captures the essence of the event. Since its inception, the organizing committee have remained true to their vision to run a highly successful and safe event whilst benefiting the wider community.
The event provides a unique opportunity for you to align yourself or your business with one of the most popular community and sporting events in WA – so come and join in the fun!
What’s in the 2020 event program?
The weekend includes a full program of fun and entertainment and as a sponsor, will provide your brand with excellent exposure and provide you with plenty of opportunities to be part of the action! Just some of the events on the program include:
- Busselton Jetty Swim ‘float’ in the Festival of Busselton Float Parade held in January 2020;
- Static and digital displays in the Margaret River Busselton Tourist Information Centres;
- A VIP sundowner at Ballaarat Room, Railway House;
- ‘Busselton Jetty Swim Silver Celebration’ Exhibition at Ballaarat Room, Railway House during January and February;
- The Busselton Runners Club Half Marathon & Fun Run;
- VIP Breakfast at The Equinox Restaurant and Cafe;
- Internationally honoured and recognised 2019 Australian of the Year, Dr. Craig Challen OAM, Cave Diver / Rescuer appointed as Ambassador for Busselton Jetty Swim 2020;
- ‘Busselton Jetty Swim Silver Celebration Concert & Fireworks’ featuring a headline Australian band;
- 25 x cardboard figurine cutouts throughout the Busselton foreshore depicting the swimwear and event theming from 1996 to 2020 for the public to take photos behind;
- Beach and foreshore based sports, activities and attractions;
- Roving local entertainers throughout the weekend;
- Soggy Bones skate exhibition and Come n Try sessions;
- Food stalls operated by community groups;
- Live Triple M radio broadcast;
- Prizes on offers for winning swimmers and category swimmers, plus spot prizes and online competitions;
- Saturday entertainment and attractions and activities;
- Sunday entertainment, attractions and activities
Why become a partner with Busselton Jetty Swim?
Partnering with the Busselton Jetty Swim in 2020 offers your organisation excellent exposure and the opportunity to align with our mission and values. Your brand will have the chance to engage with consumers who are choosing brands, businesses and services that demonstrate an interest in, and support healthy and environmentally aware causes.
The Busselton Jetty Swim attracts a crowd of over 10,000 people including more than 2,000 local, intrastate, interstate and international competitors each year and a swell of more than 7,500 spectators to the Busselton Jetty, foreshore and town-site.
As an event partner you will be supporting the Busselton Allsports Incorporated, a community volunteer group in the delivery of a safe, successful and memorable experience for all participants.
The event offers a variety of ways that you can partner, and in return for your support also offer access to the following, dependent on your level of partnership.
- Complimentary entries to the Busselton Jetty Swim, Kids Swim and One Mile Swim to Shore
- Invitations to exclusive VIP functions
- Your logo on the Busselton Jetty Swim website Partners page linked to your website
- Your logo and advertising space in eNewsletters distributed to our competitor database
- Your logo on signage produced for the event
- Your logo on newsprint advertising and printed collateral
- Your logo on television commercials
- Your logo and advertising space in the official Busselton Jetty Swim programme
- Mentions on the Busselton Jetty Swim social media channels
- The opportunity to activate within the event precinct during the event weekend
For further information contact BJS Event Coordinator Di Bruce: [email protected]