Many thanks to the 120 members who attended the Airline Information Session last Thursday afternoon at Ramada Resort. The following presentations are now available online for you to view:
• Industry Information, presented by Pip Close, MRBTA
• MRBTA/ASW Marketing Update, presented by Catrin Allsop, ASW CEO.
• Tourism WA Marketing Update, presented by Andrew Oldfield, Director Domestic Partnerships, Tourism WA.
• Busselton-Margaret River airport update, presented by Jennifer May, Manager Commercial Services, City of Busselton.
Further Sessions: Airline-Ready Workshops and Mentoring with MRBTA’s Pip Close
MRBTA is committed to empowering our members to support the Jetstar Melbourne-Busselton air service commencing on 25 March 2020.
A series of workshops with Pip Close will run throughout November to support industry in understanding some of the opportunities available. The topics are designed to assist new businesses and existing businesses which interact with visitors to the Margaret River Region.
Workshop participants will also have the opportunity for 1-1 business mentoring following the workshops which will be available in December, January and February 2020.
• Tuesday 12 November: Accommodation
• Wednesday 13 November: Tours
• Friday 22 November: Dining, wineries, breweries, distilleries (morning)
• Friday 22 November Attractions, activities, retail, produce (afternoon)
Workshops and Mentoring Session Topics
1) Tourism Ready
How to engage with Jetstar and other third party providers to increase your distribution.
2) Building your business
Channel management/Australian Tourism Data Warehouse /working with packages.
3) Making the most of the visitor experience
How to deliver a great experience and explore ideas for improvements to customer service.
4) MRBTA digital implementation
Engaging with the regional website.
Please register your interest to secure your spot in the November workshops and indicate your preferred location. You will be allocated a session according to your preference where possible:
- Airline Ready Session for Accommodation Tuesday 12 November
- Airline Ready Session for Tours Wednesday 13 November
- Airline Ready Session for Dining/Wineries/Breweries/Distilleries Friday 22 November 9am
- Airline Ready Session for Attractions/Activities/Retail Friday 22 November 2pm
Join in Online!
The City of Busselton team has let us know that Jetstar is very pleased with flight sales so far, with the next release of seats (from September 2020) about to take place.
You can help to support the route and make sure that your interstate followers, friends and family don’t miss out on the best flight prices – get posting via the #MelbstoMargs hashtag on social media. MRBTA’s ‘Rediscover’ online videos have been very well received by visitors and potential visitors so far, and would be well worth sharing with the #MelbstoMargs hashtag.