Training & Information Sessions
Experience Building – almost full!
Thursday 6 February 2020, 10.30am – 12pm, City of Busselton
This workshop aims to help businesses identify new tourism experiences or enhance existing experiences. Businesses will learn to deliver engaging and memorable tourism products by understanding the needs and preferences of the market. Encompasses contemporary experience development practices such as customer mapping, storytelling, online marketing and social media engagement.
Speed Dating – accommodation providers encouraged to register
Thursday 6 February, 12.30pm-2pm, City of Busselton
The speed dating format of this session will allow accommodation and experience providers to exchange ideas on working together. A fantastic range of local attractions and experiences have signed up, and accommodation providers are encouraged to register in order to make connections to experience providers who could help enhance their guest offering.
Airline Ready Workshop – almost full!
Tuesday 4 February, 9.30am, City of Busselton
This is a repetition of the workshops provided in November 2019, and will cover the topics included in the Industry Toolkit: Distribution Systems; Commercial Partnerships; Selecting the Best Technology for Your Business; Your Website as a Direct Sales Channel and more.
Tourism Western Australia and Tourism Australia briefing – NEW!
Tuesday 11 February, 9.30am – 12pm
With the Melbourne-Busselton route destination marketing being led by Tourism Western Australia, this is an opportunity to learn directly from Verity Collis and Pat Monneron from Tourism WA’s domestic marketing team about the work underway to drive demand for the flights.
This will be immediately followed by a destination marketing update at national level, by Tourism Australia’s Industry Relations Manager Kristy Carstairs. Kristy is your industry relations manager at Tourism Australia and she will be giving you a brief update on TA’s recent activity and ways you can leverage their platforms and engage in their activities. We are very fortunate to have both TWA and TA in the region giving updates at the same time, and all members are encouraged to attend.
Sales & Marketing Activity
Jetstar Flight Sale
Jetstar’s Aussie Sale is on sale now with flights between Melbourne and Busselton Margaret River Airport from $109. The sales ends at 11.59pm AEDT on 27 January 2020. To take advantage of the sale your business can:
1. Share details via your consumer channels with the hashtag #melbstomargs.
2. Leverage your existing interstate database by sending an eblast encouraging visitors to book a flight (and your product!)
3. Book a trip to Melbourne! Not only will this support the viability of the route, but as the impacts of bushfire activity continue to be felt across the country, it is more important than ever to consider booking a holiday in Australia.
Opportunity: Share your product with inaugural flight passengers
Thank you to all of the businesses which have responded to the call-out for inclusions in the gift bags which will be presented to each passenger as they arrive on the tarmac at Busselton following the inaugural flight. Spaces are still available for interested businesses – take advantage of this opportunity to gain exposure to an audience which is highly excited about discovering the region.\
Visitor Information: Regional Map Graphic
Many new visitors to the region do not understand its size or where the towns of the region are located. In order to help visitors plan their movement through the region, MRBTA has created a regional map graphic which members are welcome to use in their channels.
Please take full advantage of the resources below to help ensure that new visitors to the region have a full understanding of how to navigate during their stay.
Jetstar Campaign Landing Page
Many thanks to the following members who submitted EOIs for display ads on the Jetstar post-booking eDM campaign landing page at margaretriver.com. EOIs are now closed.:
• Bettenay’s Margaret River
• Jarrah Grove Forest Retreat
• Eco Adventures Margaret River
• Losari Retreat
• Vasse Virgin
• Olio Bello Lakeside Glamping
• Swings & Roundabouts
• Bushtucker Tours
• The Margaret River Experience WA
• The Golden Jersey
• Bike Shed Dunsborough
• The Common
• Yallingup Cheese Co.
• Private Properties
• Wild Hop Brewing Co.
• Harvest Tours
• Scenic Helicopters
Busselton Margaret River Airport
The City of Busselton is pleased to share the following activity updates:
• Arrivals Hall: The visitor servicing presence is currently being finalised in liaison with MRBTA. Advertising opportunities will be made available to local businesses over the coming weeks.
• Car Hire: The EOI process is complete and the Airport’s official car hire providers will be promoted once agreements have been finalised.
• Shuttle/Transport Providers: The EOI process is complete and 16 transport operators will shortly be invited to complete the permit process.