MRBTA has chosen Sydney-based agency Forward Scout to carry out the evolution of the regional brand in 2020.
Forward Scout is a specialist, independent strategy and research consultancy set up in 2014 by Frank Bethel, formerly Executive Planning Director at advertising agency Host, Sydney. In 2009 Frank led Host’s strategy and pitch for Tourism Western Australia’s advertising account and having successfully won the business, ran the strategic planning for the next 5 years. In 2019 Forward Scout was then engaged by Tourism Western Australia to assist with the State’s brand architecture.
The project team will extend to design specialist agency UNKL, led by its Perth-based founder Will Miles. UNKL is a branding consultancy with proven expertise in building strong aesthetics from strategic brand foundations. Over the last three years, UNKL has been working with companies around the world, in Sydney, Amsterdam, LA, London, Montreal and Townsville.
Working with Forward Scout and UNKL will enable MRBTA to benefit from the following:
- Working with an agency with strong outputs around brand architecture (the elements of the brand, and how they fit together)
- Best possibility of successful integration with State brand which will be used to market the region interstate and internationally
- Avoidance of duplication of State brand narrative work
- Existing understanding of the people, narratives, and tourism landscape in WA
- Proven track record in complex destination brand strategy
- Agency portfolio of credible brands (RM Williams, Australian Museum)
- Insightful response to brief issued by MRBTA
- Collaborative working style, open to input from MRBTA on project methodology, and in working together to shape the project