Many thanks to all of our members who have been sharing feedback on their business performance via the MRBTA Membership team and through consultations with Pip Close. We have been sharing your feedback with State tourism industry stakeholders, and this has helped to build a picture of what’s happening across the region and Western Australia as a whole.
From the feedback gathered, it has emerged that there is an urgent need to increase support for bookable tours and experiences, which are experiencing limited traction with intrastate travellers.
Tourism WA has devised a major campaign initiative to offer support to this sector, which will be accompanied by a social media campaign led by MRBTA at the regional level. The campaign activity aims to benefit all operators through increasing visitor length of stay and spend, as well as increasing propensity to book mid-week stays with accommodation providers.
Tourism WA Campaign
This activity marks the next phase of Tourism WA’s ‘Wander out Yonder’ campaign, and will encourage West Australians to engage with local tourism operators and support the survival and sustainability of guided tours and tourism experiences across Western Australia.
The campaign activity will encourage visitors to book tours and experiences via WA’s visitor centres, which, in this region, includes the Busselton, Dunsborough and Margaret River Visitor Centres and Central Reservations team, which are managed by MRBTA.
MRBTA Social Media Campaign
To complement the Tourism WA activity and to ensure maximum exposure for operators in this region, MRBTA is running a campaign at regional level under the banner ’30 Days, 30 Ways’. The campaign will promote all eligible bookable tour experiences the region has to offer, from Busselton to Augusta and everywhere in between.
How to Participate
If you have a bookable tour or experience:
Please view the Tourism WA eligibility criteria to check that your business is eligible to participate in the bookable element of the campaign.
If your business is eligible, please do the following by 16th September:
- Ensure that your your inventory is up to date and instantly bookable via Bookeasy.
Both the Tourism WA and MRBTA campaign activity will be encouraging visitors to book tours and experiences via the Busselton, Dunsborough and Margaret River Visitor Centres and the MRBTA Central Reservations team. This means that in order to take part, you will need to ensure that your inventory is up to date and available via the Bookeasy platform.
- Aim to offer a product which amounts to a $200 transaction booking. This could be a booking of $100 per head for 2 people, or $50 per head for 4 people, etc.
- Ensure that you are using the new-look member page design at margaretriver.com (See an example of the great new design at Cellar D’Or and Winery Tours).
- Ensure your business gets mentioned on Instagram
Please view the MRBTA campaign document to find details of the 30 posts which will be made via Instagram over the campaign period. Select one or more of the Instagram posts over the 30 days that will best suit you to be referenced in and let us know so we can tag you. Email MRBTA Interim Marketing & Communications Manager Sophie Mathewson via email@example.com with your preference.
- Attend the MRBTA briefing via Zoom
Join the MRBTA team online via Zoom for a briefing on the campaign and what is required to participate. Details as follows:
Thursday 17 September
Please register here
- Please contact WA Visitor Centre to also be distributed by their website (membership is FOC, 15% commission taken). Contact Kylie firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you accredited? TCWA is offering Tourism Accreditation FOC for businesses participating in this campaign. Feel free to take advantage of this service. Contact: email@example.com
If you need assistance with any of the above, please fill in this form and Jasmin, Sarah or Melissa from the MRBTA Membership team will be in touch.
If you offer any other type of product (accommodation, winery, brewery etc):
All operators are encouraged to help leverage campaign activity in order to achieve maximum exposure for the Margaret River region.
- Campaign activity will drive traffic to margaretriver.com, so please ensure that your listing page at margaretriver.com is up to date.
- Help to encourage visitors to stay longer and do more while they’re here by heading to social media and share your own images of the region’s experiences between September 21st and October 21st with the hashtag #30days30ways