Expressions of Interest for June Content
Expressions of interest are open for the following blogs. Blogs are free for Primary members and $99 per inclusion for Secondary members.
- What’s On June: The guide receives over 2,000 hits per month, is promoted on our social channels and included in our monthly consumer email marketing with 30,000+ subscribers. For consideration, your event must be submitted and published on margaretriver.com no later than the 15th of each month to appear in the following month.
The following new articles are available for EOI’s:
- New Experiences This Winter
- The Virtuous Circle of Farm to Table Eating
We will be refreshing the following evergreen articles, which are available for EOI’s.
- Cosy Places to Stay in Winter
- Adventure tours worth braving the elements for
- Night Time Dining
- Where to See Whales this Season
- Rainy Day Activities for Families
- 10 Ways to Discover Augusta
- 10 Reasons MRR is your ultimate mid-year getaway
EOI’s must include a brief pitch explaining why your business suits the brief and a high-quality image. Send your EOI to firstname.lastname@example.org by the first week of the month prior.
Our full year working content calendar can be viewed here.
MRBTA Marketing & Visitor Servicing Channels
March saw over 80,000 visitors to margaretriver.com an 11% increase on the previous month but a 17% decline on the previous year. Member pages received 87,000 views, an increase on the previous month.
While we didn’t see an increase in interstate visitation to the website this month, we did see a big increase in users from Singapore with 3,500 users up from 336 the previous year. This is in line with anecdotal feedback we’ve received from operators.
Top 5 pages in March (excluding the Home page) were:
Top 5 blog posts in March were:
- A Guide to Dog Friendly Touring
- 10 Ways to Discover Dunsborough & Yallingup
- 11 Things to do in Yallingup
- The Best Family Friendly Things To Do in Dunsborough
- Family Friendly Wineries
New Blog Stories
- 106 members were featured across 14 new and refreshed blogs curated by MRBTA in March.There was an increase in blog story views compared to February, up 19% from 37, 069 to 44,161. It’s also great to see there was an increase compared to March 2021, with blog story views up 23%. Website visitors spent an average time of 2:19 minutes on the page.
- What’s On in April in Margaret River | The Margaret River Region
- 10 Of The Best Romantic Experiences | The Margaret River Region
- 12 New Autumn Experiences | The Margaret River Region
- Local Favourites: Willow & Gene Hardy | The Margaret River Region
- 8 Cosy Places To Stay With A Fireplace | The Margaret River Region
- 11 Colourful and Quirky Cafés | The Margaret River Region
- Secrets of the Region’s LIAs | The Margaret River Region
- How To: 6 Days On The Cape To Cape Track | The Margaret River Region
- How to Experience the Margaret River Pro | The Margaret River Region
- School Holiday Inspo: Underground Caves | The Margaret River Region
- Explore: Bustling Busselton | The Margaret River Region
- The Dog Friendly Touring Guide | The Margaret River Region
- 6 of the Best Cafés with Playgrounds | The Margaret River Region
- Cabernet For a Day | The Margaret River Region
March was a really strong month, with the second highest Facebook Impressions (after February) in 11 months. February was particularly strong, hence the month-on-month stats are down.
Star content was a summer scene at Injidup, a drone pic at Boranup, news of Busselton making the Top 10 Aussie Towns list plus a wrap up of the Safe Swimming Spots.
- Instagram:Followers grew by 328. Impressions were up 10% but reach was down 6.5%
- Facebook: Gained 157 new followers. Engagement and impressions were both down MoM at 27% and 23%.
- Most followers on our platforms are Perth-based and female, between 25-44 years of age.
Reach is the number of people who may have seen your content, while impressions are the total number of times your content was displayed to people.
Monthly newsletters to consumers and media have maintained high engagement. The industry benchmark for Travel & Leisure is an open rate of 20.2%.
- Consumer Newsletter Sent to 46,065 subscribers. 32.72% open rate and 2.38% click rate (CR).
There were 1,499 sessions to the website from this EDM, with the most popular link being The Wineries of Wilyabrup, closely followed by 13 Ways to Get Your Seafood Fix.
*CR= Click Rate
The most popular stories this month were:
- The Wineries of Wilyabrup
- 13 Ways To Get Your Seafood Fix
- Brilliant Bakeries
- An Epic Craft Beer Crawl
Hot tip: Consider sharing these stories to your email database.
- What’s On in March Sent to 438 subscribers. 45.52% open rate, and 5.75% click rate. There were 42 sessions to the website from this EDM.
A snapshot of media coverage featuring the Margaret River Region across March included:
The MRBTA annually supports over 30 major events to drive off-peak visitation to our region.
In March the Marketing and Visitor Servicing Team supported the Margaret River Group Settlement Centenary celebrations and geared up for April events Out of the Woods, Margaret River Pro and Festival of Triathlon.
- 2020/21 domestic market profiles: These have been recently updated and published by Tourism WA, and reveal insights into our interstate and intrastate visitor behaviour.
- Autumn / Winter Image Library: Members can access our Autumn / Winter image library and share inspirational visuals of the Margaret River Region. Please always credit the photographers when using images.
- How to Leverage Your Events: MRBTA regularly supports major events in the region and have noticed a growing demand from members hosting smaller events wanting to gain leverage and build their audience. In response to this, we have put together a guide with useful tips on promoting your event.
- Rediscover Videos: The regional Rediscover compilation video shares inspirational messaging for a domestic and intrastate market. Members are welcome to share the video across their channels.