MRBTA manages three accredited, award winning Visitor Centres in Busselton, Dunsborough & Margaret River.
While MRBTA remains committed to bricks and mortar visitor centres in high foot traffic areas, its evolving and innovative approach to visitor servicing utilises a range of digital technology and methods to reach visitors at the right time, with the right message.
MRBTA’s Reservations team services visitors via email, live web chat, social media direct messages and telephone. Using analytics MRBTA understands when visitors are most likely to be online, and rosters staff accordingly.
MRBTA’s knowledgeable and passionate consultants use their expertise to:
- Create personalised itineraries for customers to show case the region’s tourism opportunities and a wide range of events
- Inspire visitors to go more places and experience more, resulting in greater visitor dispersal, spend and length of stay
- Ensure that visitors have all the travel advice and information required to have a safe, fun and memorable holiday so that they too can become ambassadors for the region
- Provide a dedicated service for groups wishing to arrange events or itineraries such as wedding, conferences or corporate and special events
- Provide up to date support and feedback to MRBTA member businesses
Cruise Ship Arrivals
MRBTA also manages the shoreside experience for cruise ship arrivals to Busselton, ensuring that a tailored welcome is offered to passengers of every single cruise ship arriving at Busselton. This includes managing a team of over 70 volunteers greeting passengers; organising live entertainment; promoting ‘Cruise-In’ markets offering locally produced goods and a free-of-charge City Hopper Bus.
Furthermore, to build capacity and ensure that shore experiences meet the changing expectations of cruise passengers, MRBTA holds regular ‘Cruise Ready’ workshops for local tourism operators.