- This event has passed.
The World Gourmet Symposium
November 14, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
A global platform to discuss, promote and celebrate the food, drink and hospitality industry.
Led by chefs, creatives, sommeliers, food activists, business owners, and brands, the World Gourmet Symposium proudly presents thought leadership in food, drink and hospitality As part of the Western Australia Gourmet Escape program, the industry conference facilitates conversations amongst industry leaders who have a desire and influence to make positive change.
This intimate ‘by industry-for industry’ event has its sights set on ensuring that we strengthen, grow, and innovate by coming together to share and collaborate. Great things happen when passionate and bright people come together. Even better with food and wine.
What We’re Talking About:
- The Origins – and the future of – Australian Cuisine
- Clean Eating: a 2030 Vision
- Let Us Eat; What we can learn from Nomadic Feasting
- What will it take to ensure that we can eat, and eat well, into the future?
- Changing global food culture
- What’s on David Chang’s mind? In conversation…
- What it takes to win The World Restaurant Awards (VIP only)
- What data can tell you about your customer (and what they want to eat)
- Late nights, hard work, hot kitchens & stress
- Redefining leadership
- Lessons learnt from growth experts in hospitality
- How to survive the boom & stay true to yourself
- Take a peek into the future as we’re joined by global leaders and innovators reimagining the future of dining.
- How sustainability and mission driven models can support successful business.
Who will attend
- Chefs, Sommeliers
- Venue owners
- Food & Drink Trade
- Thought-leaders and Change-makers
- Technology companies
- Brand managers, ambassadors
- C-level executives in food, drink & hospitality
- Commercial developers and investors
- Food brands
- Hospitality leaders
- Managers and directors
The World Gourmet Symposium is held alongside Western Australia Gourmet Escape presented by Westpac (8-17 Nov 2019), check out the full program of events here.