- This event has passed.
WA Workplace Health and Safety Changes 2019 – What you need to know
May 1, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Western Australia has some major changes coming this year with the introduction of the Work Health and Safety Act.
Safety Solutions WA will be conducting a free information session in Margaret River to assist businesses through the transition from the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 to the new Work Health and Safety Act.
This information session will provide an overview of the upcoming Work Health and Safety Act, the regulatory changes and how these will impact your business.
Some items that will be covered include:
- Changes to the Duties of Care of the employer, workers and subcontractors and a stronger more focused approach to Due Diligence
- A greater focus on health within the workplace
- Changes to what is a reportable incident
- Changes to how the enforcement of WHS breaches are applied
- New and significantly increased penalties
Our experienced consultants will be available to answer questions after the session.
Come along to hear how this change will affect your business and what you need to be doing now in order to be compliant.
If you have sub-contractors or other business contacts please feel free to forward this event invite to them.