Frequently Asked Questions
- The proposed Drive Trails do not encompass the location of my business, does this mean I am unable to participate?
The Drive Trails marked in the project document are intended to be indicative routes only. The final routes will be determined based on the EOIs received, as well as feedback from operators participating in the project. Please express your interest in participating in the project and the Drive Trails will be amended as much as possible.
- Are accommodation and tour providers invited to participate?
Yes. Accommodation and tour providers will be promoted as part of the Drive Trail marketing activity. They will also receive access to training and development opportunities.
- Is the time commitment mandatory? And who from my business needs to participate?
The suggested time commitment of 30 hours for training and digital mentoring is indicative and will be based on the needs of your business. For example, if your business does not need assistance with creating a landing page, you will not need to attend mentoring to assist you with this. Different members of your team may attend training as appropriate – for example, your staff member responsible for marketing may undertake the digital mentoring, whereas front line staff may participate in famils of other experiences on the Drive Trail.
- How does the training and mentoring provided differ from MRBTA’s ‘business-as-usual’ activity?
The project funding is allowing MRBTA to provide additional product development support for members to increase their appeal and visibility among the interstate market specifically. The project also allows MRBTA to provide hands-on digital marketing mentoring for members, which has not previously been provided to members.
- How will the region’s other trails (e.g. ‘Small Family Wineries’, ‘Southern Backroads’) be promoted alongside this project?
The region’s other trails, walking tracks, and itineraries will continue to be promoted via margaretriver.com, at the Busselton, Dunsborough and Margaret River Visitor Centres and Augusta Visitor Information Hubs.