- We attract more than 1.1 million overnight visitors
- Who stay with us for more than 4.3 million nights
- And have a direct spend of more than $520 million
Taking into account tourism’s multiplier effect, tourism contributes almost $1 billion to the local economy.
Are you part of the Visitor Economy?
The Visitor Economy refers not only to the core tourism services of accommodation, transport, hospitality and activities but the full suite of other business and service-based offerings which add to the overall visitor experience in the region.
As an export industry, 48 cents from every tourism dollar is spent in regional Australia, making tourism a key economic driver for regional areas. Tourism generates growth in local spend, direct and indirect employment as well as encouraging investment into the development of regional assets and infrastructure for the shared benefit of visitors and the local community.
If any of your income derives from visitors, or people who make their income from visitors, you are part of the visitor economy!
The MRBTA is positioned to deliver
As one of the most significant local tourism organisation models ever seen in Australia, the MRBTA invests in:
- Destination marketing both domestically and internationally, underpinned by the new regional brand Your Margaret River Region.
- Visitor servicing and information provision through its network of four professionally staffed visitor centres in Busselton, Dunsborough, Margaret River and Augusta
- Member services and business development amongst our 780+ strong membership base
- Tourism advocacy and representation at a local, state and national level as well as supporting
- Protection and development of MRBTA’s natural and heritage assets including: Cape Naturaliste and Leeuwin Lighthouses; Jewel, Lake, Ngilgi, and Mammoth Caves.
Be part of Your Margaret River Region
The MRBTA invites you to help make your mark on Your Margaret River Region by becoming a valued member and supporting our activities. We offer a number of tailored packages with benefits and services to suit the mix of tourism, retail and service based businesses available in the region and beyond.
2017/18 Membership options will be available soon. For more information contact the Membership team.