- This event has passed.
Mastering LGBTQ+ Inclusive Experiences
November 21 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Mastering LGBTQ+ Inclusive Experiences
Facilitated by Charlie Douty, Founder of Welcome with Pride & Husbands That Travel
Are you ready to tap into the business potential of the LGBTQ+ segment and demonstrate industry leadership. Secure your spot in this interactive, face-to-face workshop and drive your brand towards recognized excellence in inclusive tourism.
Date: Tuesday, 21 November
Time: 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Location: Tanah Marah
- 60% of LGBTQ+ travellers often go back into the closet when they travel, not out of choice, but due to a lack of proactively inclusive travel operators.
- Token gestures like rainbow flags alone are viewed by 66% of this community as insufficient gestures towards genuine inclusivity, due to a suspicion of pinkwashing. Genuine inclusivity requires more.
The Opportunity for Operators in LGBTQ+ Inclusive Tourism
- Drive Inclusive Tourism: Learn easily implementable actions to make LGBTQ+ travellers feel safe, welcome and a sense of belonging with your experience
- Unlock a Lucrative Market: Learn how to market authentically to a segment accounting for up to 29% of tourism revenue and growing. These travellers choose to support genuinely inclusive experiences who support them.
- Loyal Customers: Brands that truly support LGBTQ+ issues enjoy a significant 71% loyalty rate from LGBTQ+ adults.
What You Will Gain From the Workshop
Module 1: Gain deep insights into the lived experiences and anxieties of LGBTQ+ travellers, based on a comprehensive research survey of 500+ LGBTQIA+ travellers, equipping you to foster an environment of safety, welcome and belonging.
Module 2: Learn the 7 top strategies to create stand-out inclusive experiences, that not only keep LGBTQ+ travellers coming back again and again, but also turn them into loyal advocates for your brand
Module 3: Learn the 7 top strategies to authentically market to this segment allowing you to stand apart from businesses that engage in pink-washing.
Module 4: Identify your inclusivity gaps and create your own custom-made inclusivity action plan tailored to your unique travel brand
During and Post Workshop:
- Be part of a network of operators championing inclusivity in the region to better connect your LGBTQ+ guests with welcoming experiences nearby
- Benefit from a toolkit to efficiently address your inclusivity gaps.
Facilitated by Charlie Douty, Founder of Welcome With Pride & Husbands That Travel
- Together with his husband, he has extensively explored Australia, sharing their travels with a 140K-strong Instagram community, husbands.thattravel.
- He’s partnered with Hilton Australasia, Destination NSW, and MRBTA to deliver LGBTQIA+ inclusivity workshops.
- He’s recently founded the “Welcome with Pride” accreditation program. This training program provides a pathway for travel operators to create genuinely inclusive experiences for LGBTQIA+ visitors.
- Operators who demonstrate evidence of meeting stringent criteria are awarded the program’s prestigious accreditation, allowing them to demonstrate their year-long commitment to inclusivity and offering a trusted badge to LGBTQIA+ visitors.
Special Offer for Attendants
Workshop attendees receive exclusive access to:
- A discount for Welcome With Pride’s online LGBTQ+ Sensitivity Training for customer-facing staff – the most essential step to create an atmosphere of safety, welcome, and belonging for your LGBTQ+ guests
- A special rate for our Welcome With Pride Accreditation to demonstrate your long-term commitment to inclusivity and attract LGBTQ+ guests
What Our Past Attendees Say
- Bina Maya Yallingup Escape: “The workshop really highlighted not only the ‘why’ but the ‘how’ to provide a welcoming travel experience. I feel very confident that our business can take our experience to the next level with this information.” – Owner, Sara Graey
- Tanah Marah: “With both Lucy and myself being part of the LGBTQ+ community, this workshop struck a chord. The changes we’ve made post-workshop are ones we’re truly proud of. It’s surprising how some easy changes had been overlooked. We’re on a journey to ongoing improvement and inclusivity.”