Forest Adventures South West – Climbing Specialist
Forest Adventures South West offers adrenaline-filled fun on high ropes courses and flying foxes, set high among the majestic trees of the legendary Ludlow Tuart Forest just 20 minute drive from Busselton. We are looking for positive, professional and adventure loving team players to join our service driven team.
Climbing Specialists are responsible for ensuring customers have a safe and positive climbing experience whilst visiting the park. You’ll assist and encourage visitors whilst they are completing the course, from the ground and occasionally from the course, and ensure correct procedures are being undertaken to keep everyone safe.
The successful candidate will be seeking more than ‘just another job’:
- You want a fun and energetic work environment where committed people work hard, pull their weight, and get along well with each other.
- You love seeing people beat their fears and achieve what they never thought was possible.
- You want robust and proven systems to work with, but also the opportunity to be flexible and innovative – after all, our business is all about people.
- You love to work in the outdoors during all four seasons.
- You want to work in a place where you get a real say in how things can be done better or differently – and know that your ideas will not get lost in an inbox.
- You are seeking a role in which you feel valued and adequately rewarded for your work.
Skills and Experience
If you do like the sound of this and you are excited about the prospect of joining us, please review the following criteria carefully before applying. Only applicants who meet the full criteria will progress to interview.
- Please only apply if you have a minimum of 12 months roping experience. This could be both recreational or commercial.
- You must believe that safety of yourself and customers is paramount every minute of every day when you are on shift.
- You’ll be an outstanding communicator – naturally assertive and confident, yet an open and attentive listener.
- You’ll be able to express yourself clearly to many different types of people from different walks of life, countries and who might not speak any English.
- You must have a have a good level of fitness and love working from heights.
- You will be able to show us that you have an absolute passion for the outdoors and sound knowledge of climbing equipment. We will provide abundant training, but a solid starting point is essential.
- You will have an innate capacity as a helpful, friendly and respectful liaison to our customers and staff at all times. Our customers are the only reason we exist and in this industry (and very much in this role) we cannot suggest that we are having ‘a bad day’ – even if we are having a bad day.
- If, after reading the full criteria, you believe that you are our newest Climbing Experience Specialist, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
Please do not submit your CV. Instead, please telephone Site Manager Dillen Watson on (08) 9780 5995 and leave a message indicating your interest in the role, as well as your contact details. Dillen will respond within 3 working days for an initial discussion on your fit for the position.
Only applicants with current legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.