About the Role
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Association’s Destination and Capes Foundation marketing strategies, to support business objectives and advance brand building.
The Marketing Manager will work closely with the Tourism Director, to develop the Destination Marketing Strategy, and the Capes Foundation Director, to develop the Capes Foundation Marketing Strategy.
The central focus of the role is on digital marketing and producing compelling native content for distribution across websites, social media and the region’s visitor servicing channels.
The Marketing Manager will oversee the Marketing Coordinator/s, and external contractors, to deliver the Association’s marketing strategies.
Brand and Marketing Strategy
- Develop and deliver the Destination Marketing Strategy and Capes Foundation Marketing Strategy.
- Manage and progress the Margaret River Region Brand Strategy and Capes Foundation Brand Strategy.
- Create, execute and manage marketing programs and campaigns to support the objectives of the Destination and Capes Foundation marketing and brand strategies.
- Identify and progress partnerships to enhance the Destination and Capes Foundation marketing efforts.
Marketing Asset Development
- In conjunction with the Digital Technologist, improve the performance of the destination and Capes Foundation websites.
- Drive the growth of the Destination and Capes Foundation social media channels and Email Direct Marketing.
- Manage the development of Destination and Capes Foundation printed collateral.
- Ensure all marketing assets are developed in line with the brand strategy, and content integrity is maintained across all assets and channels.
Research, Evaluation and Reporting
- Analyse customer insights, market/consumer trends, competitor activity and marketing best practices to build successful strategies.
- Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights to inform future marketing activity.
- Evaluate the impact of marketing initiatives in achieving their stated objectives.
- Ensure that internal and external stakeholders are kept informed about the Association’s marketing activities.
- Oversee the Marketing Coordinator/s.
- Oversee the engagement of external providers and contractors.
- Assist the Tourism Director, Capes Foundation Director, and Corporate Services Director in preparation of the annual budget.
- Ensure that marketing activities are managed in accordance with agreed budgets.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you must possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, public relations, media or communications.
- 5+ years’ experience in a digital marketing environment.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficient in WordPress.
- Advanced understanding of SEO, SEM, Google Analytics, Social Platforms, Digital Asset Management and CRM software.
- A design eye with experience in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Canva and working with graphic designers.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to develop a range of written communications.
How to Apply
Please apply via Seek. Please submit your CV and cover letter explaining how you are the person described above.