Following the Community Forum in August, the Augusta Marketing Reference Group (AMRG) has officially formed. The role of the group is to advance the development of marketing and visitor services initiatives in Augusta. The members of the group are listed below.
- Sue Beilken, Proprietor, Augusta Newsagency
- Andrea Lindsay, Proprietor, Experience Augusta
- Jasmine Meagher, Proprietor, Common Ground Trails
- Carmel Norris, Manager, Augusta Community Resource Centre
- Sasha Foley, Proprietor, Glenarty Road
- Paula Farrow, Augusta Visitor Centre Consultant, MRBTA
- Paul Sofilas, Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse Supervisor, MRBTA
- Amanda Carmichael, Marketing and Communications Manager, MRBTA
- Sharna Kearney, Joint CEO / GM Marketing, MRBTA
The first action items will include developing an Augusta town map and satellite visitor servicing booths.
An Expression of Interest Application for the main street presence to serve as the Augusta Satellite Information Centre has been advertised in the latest edition of the Pelican Post.
The successful applicant will be supported with an information booth that will house the new Augusta map, a digital info touchscreen and brochures.
The AMRG are looking to partner with a main street business that meets the following criteria:
- Located on Blackwood Avenue
- Open minimum 9 – 3pm, 7 days a week
- Able to house a 1m x 2m information booth
- Enough staff to service visitor enquiries and assist with bookings
- Be willing to work closely with the Augusta Marketing Reference Group to promote visitation and dispersal throughout Augusta
Suitable businesses are invited to send their EOI addressing the above criteria to email@example.com or complete the Expression of Interest form at the Community Resource Centre by 16 November 2018.
The AMRG are also looking for businesses and visitor attractions who would like to be featured on the new Augusta map. Please send your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org