With the launch of Tourism Western Australia’s new global tourism brand, there is the opportunity for our region to leverage the emotive and aspirational ‘Walking on a Dream’ concept.
‘Walking On A Dream’ is a new brand that will elevate the profile of Western Australia as a unique destination within a highly-competitive global marketplace, to turbocharge visitation and boost the WA economy.
The Margaret River Region is dreamlike and otherworldly, and we’ll be thinking creatively about how to share the Walking on a Dream (WOAD) brand across our own channels in the coming months. It’s a brand that belongs to all businesses and tourism operators, so we encourage you to share the dreamlike wonders of our region with your own audiences.
Here’s some ways you can leverage the brand:
- Weave ‘Walking on a Dream’ into your communications to show the region as a wondrous, otherworldly and dreamlike place to explore. Think about the word ‘walking’ as an active invitation to explore the Margaret River Region. Feeling grounded, connected with the land. And the word ‘dream’ – think otherworldly, somewhere where the lines between reality and dreamscape are blurred. Where nature is so pristine it feels like a dream. See Tourism WA’s industry toolkit here.
- Use the #WAtheDreamState on your social channels and share the campaign creative.
- Create an original reel with Empire of the Sun’s ‘Walking on a Dream’ song.
- Take advantage of Tourism WA’s free image and video library to help supplement your marketing activity. To access the library, you need to register on their corporate site. The registration takes approximately two business days.
- MRBTA has also created a collection of regional images that have a dreamlike quality and are taken from unusual angles and perspectives. Feel free to use these across your channels as appropriate.
- The best way to get noticed online is to join the conversation. If you see a post relevant to your product or the Margaret River Region, make sure you post, comment, like and share to extend our story to the world.