In partnership with MRBTA and the City of Busselton, Tourism WA recently held a Cruise Ready Workshop for local operators to learn how to successfully service the cruise market and optimise business and community benefits.
The cruise industry and related operators are keen to connect passengers with innovative and immersive experiences – particularly at wineries – in the region for this season and beyond.
Claire Nuthall, Commercial Manager at key shore excursion operator Abercrombie & Kent, provided an informative presentation that covered:
- Meeting cruise line/passenger expectations
- How cruise lines work in regard to shore excursions
- Ideas for engaging with and benefiting from cruise ship visitors
- Tips to enable businesses to make the most of this opportunity
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact MRBTA Membership and we will do our best to assist.
Further resources relating to the cruise industry:
- Tourism WA: Cruise Shipping Handy Reference Guide
- Tourism WA: Evaluating the WA Cruise Visitor Experience Report
- Cruise Lines International Association: 2022 State of the Industry Report
- Cruise Ship Arrival Calendar