Over the last few years at MRBTA we have increased our focus on helping member businesses to review, improve and create new experience offerings. In partnership with other organisations including Australia’s South West (ASW), we have helped over 100 local businesses in their efforts to become ‘Airline Ready’, and supported the development of some fantastic new bookable wine experiences.
This work is crucial for building the region’s overall experience offering, and enabling us to stand out against competitor destinations. It is also a very powerful form of support for your business, as the advice and guidance on offer is completely tailored to your goals and the resources you have available.
As we look ahead to growing interstate visitation once travel resumes, we are offering a 1-1 mentoring program for MRBTA members who wish to receive tailored advice on building your visitor experience and increasing your visibility in interstate markets.
The program is delivered in partnership with ASW and has received funding from the Australian Government under the Recovery for Regional Tourism program, an initiative of the $1 billion COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Fund.
- Develop products and experiences which help your business to attract interstate visitors once travel resumes.
- Ensure that interstate visitors can find and book your experience when they are planning their travel.
- Set achievable goals for your business growth over the coming 6-12 months.
Your 1-1 mentoring program will include:
- Meeting to assess your business, which interstate ‘building blocks’ you have in place, and your business goals.
- Identification of achievable goals to work towards as part of the program.
- Common topics include pricing and commissions; assessment of booking system opportunities; experience development and defining your business USP.
- Referrals to booking engines and onboarding assistance where required.
- Follow-up meeting in person
- Post-program support from MRBTA team
- You have dedicated, regular resources in place to be able to implement recommendations (ongoing staff member hours + ongoing budget)
- You have a good understanding of your target audience and what makes you different to your competitors
- You wish to focus on developing an offering which is experience-based, and unique to the region
- Your experience strengthens the story of the Margaret River Region and the destination’s overall competitiveness
- You have up to 15 hours to dedicate to the program
The program is free of charge, with grant funding received from the Australian Government under the Recovery for Regional Tourism program, an initiative of the $1 billion COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Fund.
How to apply
Please fill in the EOI form below and you will hear from the MRBTA team with the outcome of your application.Submit EOI